The Live Mascot Legacy
The Live Mascot program is one of Fresno State’s most beloved campus traditions. Beginning in 1921 with student body president Warren Moody and a tough-looking Bulldog who came to campus every day, the Live Mascot Program has grown exponentially in the last hundred years. Read more about the history of live mascots at Fresno State.
In November of 2022, Victor E. Bulldog IV was introduced to the community as Live Mascot in Training. He has worked closely with Victor E. Bulldog III to learn what it takes to be Fresno State’s Live Mascot. Over the last five months, they have shared the duties of cheering on the Red Wave at athletic events or giving our scholarly students a pup talk. On April 16th, Victor E. Bulldog III will pass the collar to Victor E. Bulldog IV. Thus making Victor E. Bulldog IV Fresno State’s full-time Live Mascot! Victor E. Bulldog III will continue to live with his caretaker and be financially cared for by the Live Mascot Program. With over 22,000 fans on social media, a quarterly newsletter, and a busy schedule of events, Victor E. Bulldog III and IV are always actively engaging to encourage new connections to campus.
The Live Mascot Program is dependent on support from fans and friends like you! Now, with two bulldogs to care for, we need your help more than ever! It takes a lot of time, talent, and energy to serve the 300,000 Fresno State alumni in our community, train our newest live mascot, and ensure the best care for both our hard-working dogs. All funds raised during this Mascot Mania crowdfunding campaign will empower the program to continue finding new ways to uplift and inspire the Central Valley.
Your generosity will help support:
- Transportation to more than 300 appearances each year, both on campus and in the community.
- Healthcare, licenses, and insurance to help us keep our working and retired live mascots safe n' sound.
- Necessary supplies for daily care like food and medication that keep Victor E. Bulldog healthy and happy.
Every gift, no matter the amount, makes a huge impact on how we're able to serve Fresno State.
Ways to Support
- THROW US A BONE! Make a gift to support Victor E. Bulldog and the future of the Live Mascot Program.
- SHOP ‘TILL YOU DROP! Go shopping at Fresno State’s newest store, the Kennel Marketplace, and round up your purchase. All funds raised at the registers will go towards our crowdfunding goal!
- BECOME AN AMBASSADOR! Share Mascot Mania with your friends and family to help us spread the word about the work we do.